Update: April 6, 2020
It’s been a little over a week since our governor put us under a shelter-in-place order, and we wanted to let you know that, in compliance with that order, we are only able to see pets on an emergency basis and/or if they are overdue for their leptospirosis or rabies vaccination.
If you bring your pet in for a core vaccination, we will, of course, treat them for any other issues that present themselves during the appointment. We are not scheduling nonessential visits at this time.
To request an appointment, you can call us at (410) 549-7798 or request one online. Thank you for your patience as we navigate this new normal and please take care of yourselves and your furry families!
Update: March 30, 2020
Given the recent developments in the global coronavirus pandemic, we’re making some changes to our scheduling policies. Maryland has instituted a stay at home directive and in accordance with this order, we will be restricting all surgeries and appointments to EMERGENCIES ONLY, effective 3/31/20 and extending until further notice. We care deeply about all of our patients and would love to be able to continue serving all of our clients, but we ask you to please consider the health and safety of yourself and others in our state and ONLY schedule emergency appointments. If you have any questions about our new policies, please call our office at 410-549-7798 and we would be happy to help you as best we can. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time.
Update: March 19, 2020
At Sykesville Veterinary Clinic, we continue to keep the health and safety of our clients, staff members, their families and our community our top priority. We are diligently monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and closely watching official information from health authorities as it relates to our community.
PATIENT INTAKE PROTOCOL
Effective March 19, 2020, at 12:00 pm we will be changing our patient intake protocol for all non-emergency appointments. In the interest of public health, we kindly ask you to only make urgent veterinary appointments. If any pet owners refuse to follow these new protocols, they will be asked to reschedule for when the guidelines are no longer in place.
Our scheduled appointment/procedure patient intake protocol is as follows:
- Upon arrival in our parking lot, clients will remain in their vehicles with their pet.
- Clients will call our hospital number, 410-549-7798, to notify us that you are here and give a description of your vehicle.
- A technician and or assistant will come to the client’s vehicle. The technician will obtain a history while the pet is brought inside for evaluation.
- Once the pet has been examined by our doctor, the client will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a treatment plan. Verbal consent for treatment and any outpatient estimates will be authorized over the phone.
- A staff member will then obtain payment information via phone and an invoice and all discharge instructions will be brought to you.
- A technician or assistant will return your pet to you.
WHAT WE’RE ASKING OF YOU
We are asking all clients who have COVID-19 like symptoms to reschedule any appointments or send another authorized agent to present their pet to our hospital.
If you or members of your family have been required or asked to be quarantined for any reason, or test positive for COVID-19, and you have visited our facility within 72 hours, we kindly ask you to please alert our office.
As always, please plan ahead for your pets. We recommend having a 2 week supply of food, medications, and sanitary supplies, as well as an identified friend or family member who can help care for your pet if needed, in the event you or a member of your family becomes ill.
Thank you for your understanding – Sykesville Veterinary Clinic Staff